As I prepared to move across the country (back in 2004), I decided to start a blog for family and friends to keep up with me. Now it's the place where I dump my brain - for good and for bad. And you get to participate in my mess!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Please pray for my brother...

I called my dad yesterday, to tell him how happy I was that he is still alive and well (he had a heart attack 10 years ago that almost killed him!).

He told me that he had been planning to call me (which is odd, since we always talk on Sundays, not Wednesdays). Turns out that my brother Matt (who is 30) was skiing (alone, I think) in the Pocono Mountains of PA. He had a fall/crash and broke his leg. He called mom from the ambulance on his way to the hospital in NE PA somewhere.

Well... it wasn't just a clean break. He didn't get patched up and casted and sent home. He was admitted.

Apparently, it's a "rotation fracture of the tibia and fibula with fragments". I understand the basics of that... and it's not good. He'll have surgery, probably today, to install a rod from his knee to his ankle!! (For my Presby/Fuller friends, I've asked Reese for help on this, if he knows any more than I do!)

That said, please pray for my brother... and the rest of the family as we seek to find a way to minster and care for him from so far away!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home