As I prepared to move across the country (back in 2004), I decided to start a blog for family and friends to keep up with me. Now it's the place where I dump my brain - for good and for bad. And you get to participate in my mess!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Josh and Nicole Howard!

My baby brother got married!! And, although it was a little strange to consider... I could not be happier. I LOVE my new sister... and I know that Josh does too. They make a wonderful couple, happy and committed... and I know that they have God at the heart of their relationship. That makes me even happier.

Have you ever been to a wedding where, deep down, you kinda know that it's not going to work? You know how odd that feels, right? And how sad?

Well, if you haven't had the opposite experience, let me tell you... it is so exciting. To be able to stand up in front of family, friends and strangers and offer words and music to show my support for this marriage... to sit and watch my brother commit his life to her with his words, and hands, and heart, and mind... to get to SEE his face when he committed his life to her... what an amazing day. To know, to KNOW, that God was there, in the room, knitting these two lives into one, to stand together ... what an amazing blessing.

Josh and Nicole, I don't know if you ever read this, but if you do... know that I love you both (well - all 3, even if I haven't met Belle yet!)... I am praying for you... and I will always be your big sister! If you need me, you know where to find me. Nicole, this goes for you just as much as it does for Josh. God did a neat trick when he brought you into our family... and I will be forever grateful to Him for you.

For everyone else... here are a couple of pictures of the cute couple... (and the new addition - a Boston Terrier named Belle!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home