As I prepared to move across the country (back in 2004), I decided to start a blog for family and friends to keep up with me. Now it's the place where I dump my brain - for good and for bad. And you get to participate in my mess!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

And another revelation...

...this one hurt...

a lot.


I've said for years that I don't see myself as a "girly girl"; that I'm not all that feminine. Now, really, I've never thought that I had a problem with that. I liked being the girl that could actually talk to guys about football - the one that guys told their girlfriends/wives to be like (at least in relation to sports). Being a tomboy was handy...

But Michelle asked me to define feminine... and I couldn't do that until today.

And I discovered something horrible and yucky....

I equate "feminine" with "physically beautiful".

So, when I said that I didn't ever feel feminine, what I was really saying was that I didn't think that I was physically beautiful. Ugh. And it's true. Double ugh.

This hurts. And the worst part is that I don't believe people when they tell me nice things - so no matter how many people tell me I'm crazy for thinking this way - I still think it.

Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home