As I prepared to move across the country (back in 2004), I decided to start a blog for family and friends to keep up with me. Now it's the place where I dump my brain - for good and for bad. And you get to participate in my mess!

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Welcome Week is over

It's been a hectic week of information and social activities. I've chosen my 3 classes and met many new friends. Today, I went to Mosaic Church - again, different, but wonderful just the same. There was an artist who painted throughout the service; a skit; multi-media presentations....very cool. I'm still missing the liturgical aspect, though. I'm looking forward to finding a congregation that can blend the liturgical and modern aspects.

Classes begin tomorrow. I'll be taking 3:
  • Foundations of Youth Ministry - Chap Clark
  • New Testament: Acts - Revelation - Seyoon Kim
  • Patristic Theology - John Thompson

It's a tough list - Thompson is regarded as a great teacher - but a tough grader. This class is going to be important if I decide to go on for a PhD. I've also gotten involved a bit in the student government and the Arts Concerns Committee. I'm excited to be a part of the activities here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home