As I prepared to move across the country (back in 2004), I decided to start a blog for family and friends to keep up with me. Now it's the place where I dump my brain - for good and for bad. And you get to participate in my mess!

Sunday, September 19, 2004

My first Sunday in Pasadena

Went to church with Erica and her mom: Harvest Rock Church. It’s a large congregation – very evangelical and modern. I enjoyed it and the differences. They are just starting their “40 Days of Purpose” this week, so Pastor Che was preaching an over-view and introduction to the study. He had 3 questions to answer as part of his sermon: What does God want? What does it take? And why should I do it? God wants my whole life; it takes discipline; and I should do it because of the cross. It’s already 1pm – so I’ll make some lunch, read a little and then there is another event tonight at 6. It’s a housing community get-together – so we can meet our neighbors and get connected here. I’m hoping to get connected with Ruffin again tomorrow at the Presbyterian Student Orientation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home