As I prepared to move across the country (back in 2004), I decided to start a blog for family and friends to keep up with me. Now it's the place where I dump my brain - for good and for bad. And you get to participate in my mess!

Saturday, September 18, 2004

My first official Fuller event....

Up early again. I didn’t sleep well. Starbuck’s for breakfast again – mom is a happy camper. We drove around Pasadena a bit, just getting a feel for what’s out there. Then, it was time to take mom to the airport. We found it with no trouble – it took about 35-40 minutes to get there from here. Not a bad drive on a Saturday morning, but we both agreed that we didn’t want to drive it on a weekday. I spent some time at a dollar store and Big Lots before coming back home. I think I’m finally done with shopping for awhile. This afternoon looms long and lonely before my first event – a welcome gathering at 6pm. I’m looking forward to getting to meet some other students, as I’m finally feeling a little homesick and lonely. I’m going to need to make friends soon…
The gathering was fun – I walked over with the girls from apartment #7. They are all 22 and fresh out of college. I ran into Ruffin and Melanie almost immediately after arriving – so we got to catch up and spend some time together. Also met a few other new students: Jeff and Jenn, Michael and E.V. I’m excited to be meeting people finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home