As I prepared to move across the country (back in 2004), I decided to start a blog for family and friends to keep up with me. Now it's the place where I dump my brain - for good and for bad. And you get to participate in my mess!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I made it to Florida!

JetBlue turns out to be a great airline to fly. I had a GREAT flight.

First of all - it was almost empty. I'm not kidding. MAYBE 30 people on the flight. I had my whole row to myself... and could have had the 3 rows in front of me, too!!!

We took off on-time... no problems. The flight was fine. No trouble.

And then... then we got to Florida. Oh boyohboyohboy!!
So... I looked up at one point, and on the little "watch where we fly" mappy-thingy on the TV in the next seat over... I saw that we were 1/2 way between Orlando and MIAMI. I mean, we'd missed Orlando by a long shot. And it wasn't just an inprecise reading on the screen... we were OBVIOUSLY off course.

And then the pilot came on and filled us in. Apparently, there was a storm in O-town... and so we had to approach from the South. This redirect has us flying all over central Florida. If you could have seen that map - it was really funny!! Everytime we got close to Orlando and headed in the right direction we would get redirected and make a big swing in another direction. It actually was quite comical.

Finally... we landed at MCO. YAY! We're on the ground. So I called Mom to let her know that we were running late, but I was finally on the ground. While we were on the phone, the pilot came back on the intercom and informed us that we had to sit on the taxi-way for awhile. A ramp that we needed to cross was closed because of the lightening. Yes... I was already on the ground and they grounded us because of 'lectricity.

Anyway.... my 3.45 landing became a 5.10 meet with dad in the atrium of MCO. Then it got good, 'cause my bag was coming around the belt just as soon as we got down there. No damage. No waiting.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Adventures in travelling.

Tomorrow... funness and NIGHT OF JOY!!!!

I'm very excited.

One last thing:

Happy Birthday, Nick!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home