As I prepared to move across the country (back in 2004), I decided to start a blog for family and friends to keep up with me. Now it's the place where I dump my brain - for good and for bad. And you get to participate in my mess!

Friday, June 08, 2007

I'm having a bad day...

It's going to be a hectic day at work... and I was anxious before I even got to campus today...

And then it hit me. I'm supposed to be graduating tomorrow.

All the people that I started with... many are already graduated (last year with a 2-year degree) or are graduating tomorrow.

And I'm not.





IknowIknowIKNOW that I'm not supposed to be graduating. IknowIknowIKNOW that I am within God's will for me that I take my time and pay for school as I go, so I don't incur a huge amount of debt. IknowIknowIKNOW that there are great things for me on the horizon...

But it doesn't stop my heart from aching to be wearing my cap, gown and hood today and tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Baker-Wright said...

I expect that your experience is different, since your comments seem to be based on the actual experience of seeing the friends who came in with you go down the aisle, but it's been my experience that students finishing the "2-year degree" in 2 years and the "3-year degree" in 3 are actually the minority, not the norm.

If it helps, I took 6 years (counting one year at a different seminary) to finish my own MDiv.

08 June, 2007 11:12

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about Jenn lately... it all started when I heard: YOU'RE AN AUNT!!! Congrats! It's the best. But today I searched for you & found you... and it's the perfect timing because... I REMEMBER oh so well... that graduation day when everyone else graduated and I took pictures. It's hard to walk your own path along the meandering trail... while it seems others are taking the express lane! Check out My Utmost for His Highest, July 28: "God is not working towards a particular finish; His end is the process..." Enjoy the process, enjoy the Companion!

A small church in Oregon would love to give you a place to minister!... come visit!!! Pastor Marcia

09 June, 2007 14:38

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what you need to do, and the path you need to take to get there. I've never really believed that God micromanages our lives, things like this aren't in or out of His plan. It just happens. But it gives a chance to reflect and remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We may not reach it today, or tomorrow.. but with faith, we will get there.

Things may not have always been the best between us, but I know that you will get there, and stressing about the little things won't help. Just keep being the optimist and leave the pessimism to the rabbits.

21 June, 2007 19:20

 

Post a Comment

<< Home